Steamed Shishito Chilies (Kkwari-Gochu Jjim)
- 7ounce Shishito chili peppers
- 3tablespoons Rice flour or plain flour
- 2tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1/2tablespoon Korean soup soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1/2teaspoon Sugar
- 1clove Garlicminced
- 1tablespoon Toasted sesame seeds
- 1Green onionfinely chopped
- 2teaspoon Sesame oil
Rinse shishito peppers. Poke holes on the peppers using a fork.
Put flour in a plastic bag. Add peppers and shake the bag vigorously to coat peppers with flour.
Place peppers in a hot steamer over medium high heat, and steam for 3-4 minutes until soft.
Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, Korean soup soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, garlic, sesame oil, green onion, sesame seeds in a mixing bowl.
Remove steamed chili from the steamer and put them on to the sauce in a mixing bowl. Toss to coat.
Garnish with more green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with rice.