Mayak Kimbap (Mini Seaweed Rice Rolls)
Hee Jin Lee
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1teaspoon hot mustard paste
- 2cups white ricecooked
- 1/4teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1.5tablespoons sesame oil
- 1teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2teaspoon sesame seedsroasted
- 2sheets roasted seaweedquartered
- 8pieces imitation crab stickssimilar to length of roasted seaweed sheet
- 8pieces pickled yellow radishcut in the length of roasted seaweed sheet
- 8pieces braised burdock rootcut in the length of roasted seaweed sheet
- 8pieces perilla leaf
Mix 2 cups white rice (cooked), 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt and 1.5 tablespoons sesame oil in a bowl.
While the rice is cooling down, make the dipping sauce by adding 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon hot mustard paste. Mix until combined.
Place one of the quarters of the 2 sheets roasted seaweed (quartered) shiny side down and cover with a thin layer of rice.
Place one of the 8 pieces perilla leaf, one of the 8 pieces braised burdock root (cut in the length of roasted seaweed sheet), one of the 8 pieces pickled yellow radish (cut in the length of roasted seaweed sheet), and one of the 8 pieces imitation crab s
Repeat process until all the ingredients are used up. Makes 8 rolls.
Brush on about 1 teaspoon sesame oil onto the rolls.
Sprinkle on about 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds (roasted) onto the rolls.
Dip in sauce and enjoy!