Deung Galbi Jjim (BraisedPork Ribs) with Kimchi
- 50ml Mirin
- 50ml Corn syrup or Honey
- 70ml Soy sauceKorean 'Jin ganjang'
- 2Tablespoon Sugar
- 1Tablespoon Garlicminced
- 1/2Tablespoon Gingerminced
- 3Tablespoon Chilli flakefine,Korean
- 2pinch Black pepperpowdered
- 1stalk Spring onioncut into 5cm
- 1/2each Onioncut into 2cm in a length way
- 300g Kimchiwell fermented
- 1kg Pork ribs
- 40g Carrotcut into a half cm
- 700ml Cold water
- 200ml Soju
- 1piece Bay leaf
- 4liter Waterblanching
- 1teaspoon Peppercorn
- 300g Mozzarella cheeseshredded
- 1each Fresh chillithin sliced
- 5leaves Sesame leavesthin sliced
- 1/2stalk Spring onionthin sliced
1. Prepare 1/2 each Onion (cut into 2cm in a length way) 1 stalk Spring onion (cut into 5cm ),40 g Carrot (cut into a half cm) and measure the ingredients as shown in the sauce recipe. 2. Cut the rib into each piece following the bone shape. 3. Once 4 liter Water (blanching) is boiling,add 200 ml Soju and bayleaf.Place cut ribs and boil for 7 minutes. 4. Take the ribs out and rinse under running cold water. Place in a colander.
5. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and check the season. Add another tablespoon of sugar or chilli powder if you like sweet and spicy. 6. Place the ribs in a stew pot,pour and mix the sauce well with the ribs. 7. Add cold water into the pot then start to cook over high heat for 10 minutes. 8. Add cut vegetables and 300 g Kimchi (well fermented ), reduce to medium-low heat with lid on. Cook another 25 to 30 minutes. 9. Finish with garnish as you want!
Before start cooking, place 1 kg Pork ribs in a mixingbowl and pour enough amount of cold water to cover it. Allow 2 hours to remove blood. Rinse it and pat dry with kitchen towl.