Beosot Jeongol (Mushroom Hot Pot)
The Kelp Broth
- 3.5cups water
- 3small pieces Dried Kelp
The Beef Marinade
- 4tablespoons Soy Sauce (Dark)
- 4cloves Garlicpressed
- 2tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1tablespoon Sugar
- 1tablespoon Sweet Cooking Rice Wine such as Mirin
The Hot Pot Ingredients
- 1small bundle Chrysanthemum (Optional)washed
- 15small leaves Napa Cabbagewashed
- 1/2(14-ounce) block Tofu (Soft)drained
- 10ounce Beefthinly sliced
- 2Jalapeños (Optional)
- Mushrooms (Enoki, Shiitake, Maitake, Oyster, or whatever you like!)cleaned
Bring 3.5 cups water to boil.
Add 3 small pieces Dried Kelp to the boiling water and turn off the heat. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add 4 tablespoons Soy Sauce (Dark), 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce, 1 tablespoon Sweet Cooking Rice Wine such as Mirin, 1 tablespoon Sugar, and 4 cloves Garlic (pressed). Whisk well and add 10 ounce Beef (thinly sliced). Mix and let it marinate
Clean and prep Mushrooms (Enoki, Shiitake, Maitake, Oyster, or whatever you like!) (cleaned).
Prep vegetables. Cut 15 small leaves Napa Cabbage (washed), 1 Squash (washed), 1 small bundle Chrysanthemum (Optional) (washed), and 2 Jalapeños (Optional) as shown.
Cut 1/2 (14-ounce) block Tofu (Soft) (drained).
In a shallow pot, arrange all the ingredients to your liking.
Pour the kelp broth into the pot.
Bring it to boil until all the ingredients are cooked.