Budae Jjigae (Army Stew)
Two Plaid Aprons
The soup base
- 1/2cup Fermented Kimchi
- 1clove Garlicminced
- 1tablespoon Gochujang (Fermented Chili Paste)
- 1tablespoon Gochugaru (Korean Red Chili Flakes)
- 2cups Water (cold or room temperature)
Ingredients for the stew
- 7ounces Firm Tofucut into desired size
- 1stalk Green Onionwashed and thinly sliced
- 1/2medium Yellow Onionpeeled and thinly sliced
- 6ounces Luncheon Meat, such as Spamsliced into desired thickness
- 1Instant Ramyun Noodle, such as Shin Ramyunjust the noodle
- 1-2heads Bok Choy (optional)washed and quartered
- 4-5Baby Portobello Mushrooms (optional)quartered
- 2links Hotdogscut into bite size pieces
Cut and prepare 1-2 heads Bok Choy (optional) (washed and quartered), 1/2 medium Yellow Onion (peeled and thinly sliced), 4-5 Baby Portobello Mushrooms (optional) (quartered), 7 ounces Firm Tofu (cut into desired size), 1 stalk Green Onion (washed and thinly sliced), 1 clove Garlic (minced) and set aside.
Cut 2 links Hotdogs (cut into bite size pieces), and 6 ounces Luncheon Meat, such as Spam (sliced into desired thickness).
Arrange the prepared ingredients (except green onions) in a shallow pot. Avoid overcrowding. Then add in 1 tablespoon Gochugaru (Korean Red Chili Flakes), 1 tablespoon Gochujang (Fermented Chili Paste), and 1/2 cup Fermented Kimchi.
Add in 2 cups Water (cold or room temperature) to the pot and bring it to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes, then add in 1 Instant Ramyun Noodle, such as Shin Ramyun (just the noodle) and cook for 2-3 minutes. Once the noodles are almost cooked, add in the green onions and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Enjoy it while it's hot!