Haemul Pajeon (Seafood Pancake)
Two Plaid Aprons
The pancake batter
- 1tablespoon Cornstarch
- 3/4cup Water (cold or room temperature)
- 1/2teaspoon Coarse Salta little less if using fine salt
- 1/2cup All-Purpose Flourspooned and leveled
The dipping sauce
- 1teaspoon Gochugaru (Korean red chili flakes)optional
- 1teaspoon Granulated Sugaradd more to your preference
- 1teaspoon Toasted Sesame Seeds (white)optional
- 1tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1tablespoon Soy Sauce (light or regular)
- 1bunch Green Onion (small or regular)cleaned and washed
- 1large Egg
- 12medium Shrimpspeeled, deveined, and washed
- 1/2Squid Tubethawed and cut into bite size pieces
In a bowl, mix together 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour (spooned and leveled ), 1 tablespoon Cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Salt (a little less if using fine salt). Once combined, whisk in 3/4 cup Water (cold or room temperature) until smooth.
Use whatever seafood you like. Make sure it is thawed and cut to the desired size. We are using 12 medium Shrimps (peeled, deveined, and washed), and 1/2 Squid Tube (thawed and cut into bite size pieces)
For the dipping sauce, mix together 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce (light or regular), 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar, 1 teaspoon Granulated Sugar (add more to your preference), 1 teaspoon Gochugaru (Korean red chili flakes) (optional), 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Se
Trim 1 bunch Green Onion (small or regular) (cleaned and washed) to the size of your nonstick pan. Save your green onion trimmings to fill gaps.
Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the green onions along with the trimming in one layer. Pour 2/3 of the batter over the green onions and let that cook for 3 minutes. While thats cooking, mix 1
To flip, make sure there is no excess oil or you can hurt yourself. Place a plate on top on the pancake and flip the pan and pancake onto the plate away from the fire. Then add about a tablespoon of oil to the pan. Gently slide the pancake, seafood side
With a scissor or knife, cut the pajeon to your desired size. Enjoy with the dipping sauce while it's hot!