Updated March 2022
Mixo (the "
Platform"), which is provided by Mixo Group, Inc. in the United States (collectively such entities will be referred to as " Mixo", " we" or " us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access and use the Platform and our related websites, services, applications, products and content (collectively, the "
Services") as well as our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Platform;
- via electronic, email or text messages between you and the Platform;
- based on your technical and behavioral use of the Platform;
- should you choose to provide us with social network information and/or from your phone book on your mobile device; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Mixo or any third party, including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content [(including advertising)] that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform.
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform or through any of its features, register on the Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including the following:
- registration information, such as age, username and password, language, and email and/or phone number, as well as information to verify your account;
- profile information, such as name, social media account information (should you choose to provide it) and profile image;
- user-generated content, including comments, photographs, livestreams, audio recordings, videos, and virtual item videos that you choose to create with or upload to the Platform, with or without effects added within the Platform;
- content, including text, images, and video, found in your computer or device's clipboard. For example, if you choose to initiate content sharing with a third-party platform, or choose to paste content from the clipboard into the Platform, we access this information stored in your clipboard in order to fulfill your request;
- your phone and social network contacts, with your permission;
- information contained in correspondences between you and us; and
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us (for example, when registering to use the Platform or when using the Platform's search function);
- automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, device information, location data, IP addresses, information about the images and audio you upload, metadata and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies;
- from social media and login services, if you choose to link or sign up using a third-party social network or login service;
- from third parties (for example, our business partners);
- from other users of the Platform through customer service inquiries; and
- from other publicly available sources.
You also may be permitted to upload, post or transmit (such as via a stream) or otherwise make available information and content through the Services including, without limitation, any text, photographs, user videos, sound recordings and the musical works embodied therein, including videos that incorporate locally stored sound recordings from your personal music library and ambient noise ("
User Content"). Your User Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform; and
- information about your device, computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, user agent, mobile carrier, time zone settings, model of your device, the device system, network type, device IDs, your screen resolution and operating system, app and file names and types, keystroke patterns or rhythms, battery state, audio settings and connected audio devices. Where you log-in from multiple devices, we will be able to use your profile information to identify your activity across devices. We may also associate you with information collected from devices other than those you use to log-in to the Platform.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognize you when you return to the Platform.
Cookies") to automatically collect information, measure and analyze the things you click on and how you use the Platform, enhance your experience using the Platform, improve the Platform, provide you with advertising on the Platform and elsewhere across your devices, and measure the effectiveness of advertisements. Cookies enable the Platform to provide certain features and functionality. Web beacons are small images or small pieces of data embedded in images, also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs," that can recognize Cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and similar information from your computer or device.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Platform and its contents to you;
- to understand how you use the Platform;
- to customize the content you see when you use the Platform, including advertisements];
- to provide you with information, products, support or other services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account as well changes to the Platform or its policies;
- to improve and develop the Platform;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive or social functions of the Platform;
- to help detect illegal or prohibited activity on the Platform;
- to enforce or terms, conditions and policies;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Platform users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mixo, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("
NAI") on the NAI's website.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
To register a complaint or concern, please contact us at: